- In R12 we have separate approval process for the document and lines.We have seprate workflow for Invoice header and lines.
- Approver who has access to Invoice lines will approve invoice lines only and might not have access to approve the Invoice doc.
- An Invoice document will not be approved till all the invoice lines that required approval are approved.
- All the approved lines will keep moving further in their flow and will not be stuck/wait for any other invoice line that required approval but stuck or rejected ( this is based on the anticipation that sometime in the future the issue associated with the stuck /approved line will be resolved and it will be approved) , but keep in mind a doc. Will not ne approved unless all the lines that required approval or approved, if any such lines is stuck/rejected the doc will not be approved.
- Documents or lines will be processed by workflow approval process based on the status of the doc/lines. If status of the line/document is Not Required then Invoice approval workflow will not pick them for approval process, but if status of the document or line is Required /Re-approval Required then they will be picked by Oracle Payable Invoice approval workflow process.
- In R12 a new functionality has been introduce where by an line level approval now can see /modify the distribution accounts details for the line (especially for the Invoice lines that are Manually created).
- In R12 a new functionality has been introduce where by an line level approval now can add attachment to lines as well as distributions.
- Till now no partial process is supported, document or lines can be either fully approved or rejected but not partially approved.
- In R12 Negotiation process is now added, this is a very important features, now an approver while involves in the approving process now negotiate the Quantity and price with the supplier again( this is very importance in terms if approver feel quantity /price is not as per the teams negotiated).
Apr 29, 2011
Apr 26, 2011
For example –
- Cascade operations on 100+ lines
- Cascade operations on a model with 100+ options/class, with show lines = yes
- In continuation of the point # 2 , let’s consider a case where we have a sales order with 5+ model and each model has 100-200 option/class and we need to perform cascade operations, also show lines = yes
Profile option - OM: Sales Order Form: Refresh Method (Query Coordination)
Internal Name - OM_UI_REFRESH_METHOD
This profile option determines whether the screen is refreshed after every save. There are four options available:
- Automatic Refresh with Repositioning of Cursor: When the profile is set to this option then screen is refreshed and also the cursor is repositioned to the original line from which the save operation was performed.
- Automatic Refresh without Repositioning of Cursor: When the profile is set to this option then screen is refreshed and the cursor is always positioned on the first line.
- Manual: With this option, users have to explicitly re-query to see the latest changes. Users are also not prompted with a message.
- Askme: A dialog box is prompted for the users to decide whether they want to refresh the screen to see the new data. If the user selects yes, then the screen is refreshed. If the user selects No then screen is not refreshed.
• Automatic Refresh with Repositioning of Cursor
• Automatic Refresh without Repositioning of Cursor
In such scenario cascade operation will be very time consuming , as cursor will move from line to line till it reach the last line ( as show lines = yes) and then system will reposition to Original record or First record.
On the Other hand other 2 option will not refresh the UI immediately after the cascade operations and also cursor position will remain same and total time consume by cascade operation will be very very less as compared if we choose other 2 options.
For more details feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apr 25, 2011
For more info. please refer Oracle
Apr 23, 2011
In oracle application (order management) we have 3 options to process our Trip.
1.Run Interface trip stop concurrent program.
2.Run Order Management Interface CP
3.Inventory Interface CP
As I have explained in many of my posts that ITS has 2 subprocess
OM interface and Inventory Interface.So if we run option first it will execute both parts and mark oe_interfaced_flag as well as inv_interfaced_flag as Y in wsh_delivery_details.
But if you run option 2 or 3 it will run OM or Inventory part of ITS and set oe_interfaced_flag OR inv_interfaced_flag respectively.But most important thing that we have to take care is, if want to run these 2 interfaces seperately then we have to make sure that OM part of ITS has executed sucvessfully before we execute the inventory interfaces.
In last so many years I am working in this area and notice very few customer are implementing these 2 seperatly because of high volume of data .
In Oracle inventory we have option to define dual uom for an item.Dual uom means we can track the transaction of an item in the primary as well as secondary UOM.in oracle applications we have database fields to store the data in the secondary uom as well as secondary quantity.
Please note that just defining an item in dual uom doesnot set the system to track the transaction of an item in primary quantity/UOM as well as secondary quantity/UOM.If we want to track an dual control item in dual UOM then while creating an item we sbould set "Tracking " as " Primary and Secondary".once done system will track all transactions in primary and secondary quantity and UOM.
Apr 22, 2011
select to_char(l.line_number) ||
decode(l.shipment_number, null, null, '.' ||
decode(l.option_number, null, null, '.' ||
decode(l.component_number, null, null,
decode(l.option_number, null, '.',null)||
decode(l.component_number, null, '.' , null) ||
Decode(L.Option_Number, Null, '.', Null ) ||
From Oe_Order_Lines_All L,oe_order_headers_all h,
Where h.header_id = l.line_id
And L.Line_Id = To_Number(I.Interface_Line_Attribute6)
and i.interface_line_attribute3 = '&Enter_Delivery_number'
Apr 15, 2011
Apr 11, 2011
l_primary_qty NUMBER := &Enetr_qty_in_pri_uom;
l_inv_item_id NUMBER := &Enter_item_id;
dbms_output.put_line('l = '||l);
Finally discovered that , In R12 Item_Type for Payables Invoice Approval Workflow is changed from APINV to APINVAPR and this new workflow is released through file apfhanwf.wft
APINV no longer available in R12 and you need to upgrade all your APINV to APINVAPR in R12.
(That what I learn @Day-1)Correct me if I am wrong.
Apr 6, 2011
(p_api_version => 1.0
, p_header_id => l_po_header_id
, p_release_id => l_po_release_id
, p_mode => 'GET_STATUS'
, x_po_status_rec => l_po_status_rec
, x_return_status => l_return_status);
l_autorization_status := l_po_status_rec.authorization_status(1);
dbms_output.put_line('Status = '||l_autorization_status);
Apr 5, 2011
1.Few Partial Shipment Scnearios.
2.Try to change the Qty on the Drop Ship Purchase Order.
3.Try to cancel the Sales Order line when we have Approval PO exits for it.
For more details about Drop Ship please refer Part- 1 and Part -2 of Drop Ship Presentation.
Once an order line has been specified as an External order, Order Management does notallow reservations to be placed against the order line.
When performing drop shipments of models or kits or standard items, the scheduled ship date is defaulted from the order line request date, and Oracle Global ATP calculations are ignored (demand for drop ship orders are not visible to Oracle Planning products).
Drop shipping functionality enables you to take an order from your customer and fulfill it directly from your supplier's site. Order Management enables you to enter drop ship sales orders and lines for standard, model and kit, and configured items, although you currently cannot perform a drop shipment for Ship Model Complete (SMC) PTO's.
You can receive orders for items that you do not stock or for which you lack sufficient inventory, and have a supplier provide the items directly to your customer
The supply and demand details for drop ship orders are
This Post is exactly same as the Previous Post iphone ADF Mobile Browser app to creates sales order in Oracle Application. Only difference is, here I have executed same application on Android based Samsung Galaxy( I like this device , though iad/iPhone has no comparison).
For more information about ADF Browser and renderer Kit please refer my post iphone ADF Mobile Browser app to creates sales order in Oracle Application
Apr 2, 2011
Query to Get the Order lines where Order lines are Closed , Workflow is also closed , but ITS is not yet executed.
SELECT line_id, header_id,
FROM oe_order_lines_all l,
WHERE l.open_flag = 'N'
AND Nvl(l.cancelled_flag,'N') = 'N'
AND l.booked_flag = 'Y'
AND l.shipping_interfaced_flag = 'Y'
AND Nvl(l.shipped_quantity,0) = 0
AND Nvl(l.fulfilled_quantity,0) = 0
AND l.fulfilled_flag = 'Y'
AND wi.item_type = 'OEOL'
AND wi.item_key = To_Char(l.line_id)
AND wi.end_date IS NOT NULL
WHERE source_code = 'OE'
AND released_status = 'C'
AND source_line_id = l.line_id
AND Nvl(oe_interfaced_flag,'N') = 'N'
AND Nvl(inv_interfaced_flag,'N') = 'N'
Apr 1, 2011
From Oe_Order_Lines_All L,
Where L.Line_Id = Wdd.Source_Line_Id
And L.Open_Flag = 'Y'
And Nvl(L.Shipped_Quantity,0) = 0
and nvl(l.fulfilled_quantity,0)= 0
And Wdd.Delivery_Detail_Id = Wda.Delivery_Detail_Id
and wda.delivery_id = wnd.delivery_id
and wnd.delivery_id = wdl.delivery_id
And Wdl.Pick_Up_Stop_Id = Wts.Stop_Id
And Nvl(Wts.Pending_Interface_Flag,'X') = 'Y'
And Wnd.Status_Code <> 'OP'
and wts.stop_id = &Enter_Trip_id
And Wdd.Released_Status = 'C'